The extremely wide judicial experience of ALTER’s team has brought them to realise that:
- Mediation lowers both the economic and emotional cost of resolving conflict.
- Mediation is confidential and preserves the interests of the participants.
- All parties retain the power of decision over the conflict and no third party can dictate a resolution.
- Mediation stops the relationships of the parties involved from deteriorating and, in fact tries to preserves them and improve them for the future.
- The fact that all parties have voluntarily accepted the solution is the best guarantee that the agreement will be fulfilled.
If the people involved in mediation cannot reach an agreement, they still have the option of going to court.